Re: [emacs-bidi] Mixed L2R and R2L paragraphs and horizontal scroll

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Mixed L2R and R2L paragraphs and horizontal scroll
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 17:55:25 -0500

    > > You didn't say what to do when the (to be introduced) ``line length''
    > > variable is nil.
    >
    > Wouldn't that be window-width?

    Maybe, but I'm not sure.  Richard, could you please elaborate on your
    suggestion?

I am not entirely sure what the issue is.

Perhaps it is my suggestion to create a variable to control where the
right margin should be for R2L lines.  I don't remember all the
details, but if it's an integer, that value should be the column at
which the beginning of an R2L line appears.  When it is nil, use the
window width (same as now).