RE: "Warning: `save-excursion' defeated by `set-buffer'" madness

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: "Warning: `save-excursion' defeated by `set-buffer'" madness
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 07:44:01 -0800

> Actually, it's not always obvious to me how to find the source of the warnings

FWIW (possibly amusing anecdote) -

When this (nifty feature | annoyance) first was (given to | foisted on) us, I
not only got the compiler warning when I compiled; I also got it in a popup
window when I started Emacs.

It took me a while to discover that the culprit was a defadvice that uses the
compile option. It was compiling on the fly at runtime, of course, but for some
reason that didn't occur to me while I searched for the cause.