Re: ja-dic.el and SKK-JYSYO.L

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: ja-dic.el and SKK-JYSYO.L
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 10:01:39 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>>> It sounds like a good idea, smaller tar ball saves bandwith.
> > I'll do that after 23.2.

> If we do that, we need to replace the file by a URL in the tarball (so
> the file in `admin' is just a cache).

?? I don't understand exactly what you mean.

> I think it's important to try and preserve the property that the tarball
> contains all the *source* files.  There are currently some files missing
> there, admittedly, but I'm not completely happy about it.

What do you mean by "*source*" here?  Currently
leim/ja-dic/ja-dic.el is generated from SKK-JISYO.L manually
(i.e. by running M-x skkdic-convert) and then committed as
the source of ja-dic.elc.  And ja-dic.elc is automatically
created from ja-dic.el by Makefile.  So, in some senece,
ja-dic.el is the source, and SKK-JISYO.L is an external
information we use to make ja-dic.el.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden