Re: bug#5570: Emacs 23.1.91.1 C++ mode "ESC C-q" and TAB indenting issue

From: Christoph
Subject: Re: bug#5570: Emacs 23.1.91.1 C++ mode "ESC C-q" and TAB indenting issue.
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 14:25:56 -0700

On 2/21/2010 2:01 PM, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
Is there any chance you could say the sort of editing you've been doing
which provokes this mis-indentation?  Do you use C-y a lot?  Is it only
in C++ Mode, or are other modes (C, Java, ....) affected?

Any chance you might try the head versions in the bzr repository?
Alan,

I have seen this happen in C mode quite often, also with 23.1.91.1. I even tried the one suggestion you had in an earlier thread (some kind of refresh or so, iirc) but it didn't help.

I haven't quite figured out how to reproduce it or even how to get rid of it. It just seems to disappear after I have manually recreated my indentation, instead of using TAB.

I often mark blocks of text, copy/kill them with M-w/C-w and insert them with C-y. It seems like it is happening a lot when doing that, but not always.

Christoph