Re: Commit netiquette.

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Commit netiquette.
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 14:25:40 -0500

   >      ----------------
   >      blablabla
   >      ----------------
   >
   >    where <blablabla> is the text taken from the ChangeLog.  Then for
   >    backends which support the notion of summary-line, C-c C-c could
   >    just signal an error if the Summary line is still blank.
   >
   > That seems overly forceful, emacs is not just by emacs developers, it
   > is used by an immense number of people.

   I don't think it should issue an error, but it should prompt the
   user.  This is similar to how message-mode prompts if you mess up
   the mail headers, like having a bogus email address in the To:
   header.

I think user interactive promopts should be keep to a minimum.  Maybe
one could use font-lock, and just mark it visually.