Re: emacs-w3m?

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: emacs-w3m?
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 17:51:47 -0500

    Definitely, those files were added with `bzr add'. You did it
    inadvertently.

I did not.  I did a commit and the command must have moved W3M mode
files in my running Emacs to the master, which I did not intend.  Why is
that?  How do I commit one file?

    Last time I looked, it wasn't a good idea to mix the instructions of
   those documents. Stick to one or another, but not both.

Where in BzrForEmacsDevs and BzrQuickStartForEmacsDevs does it say that
you should not commit?  The command is in both.  (I am serious;
remember, those who wrote BzrForEmacsDevs and BzrQuickStartForEmacsDevs
tried to explain Bazaar and I thought they did a good job.)

    > What are the `unthinkable' ways of removing unwanted files?

    I'm not sure I understand your question. With bzr, you do `bzr
    uncommit --revision N'. DON'T EVER DO THAT ON A PUBLIC BRANCH ...
    just in case that setting's implementation has bugs, don't try it.

OK, I won't.  Are you saying that no one has a low-probability-of-error
method in bzr that removes mistakes?  As Leo said,

   ... if this mistake can happen so easily it will happen again

which is true.

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                                 address@hidden