behavior of dired-hide-*

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: behavior of dired-hide-*
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 17:35:33 +0100

Hi all,
what is the behavior of $ and M-$ in dired?

It seem to me, according to manual  that the first is to hide directory
at point and  the second is to hide all directories in current dired buffer.

It hide all for me (files and dirs) and leave only the first line of
dired buffer (the directory header).(the two commands $ and M-$ do the
same).

Can you confirm if that is normal or not?

Seem a bug to me.

--
Thierry Volpiatto
Gpg key: http://pgp.mit.edu/