Re: Fwd: CEDET sync

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Fwd: CEDET sync
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 16:27:29 -0500

>> Questions are:
>> 1) is anybody already doing such a sync?
>> 2) if not, from which date should I start synchronizing changes?
>>
>> I'm not fully aware of which extra changes are required for the
>> synchronization
>> (except for the long name -> subdirectory fix), so directions will be much
>> appreciated.

> I planned to do a sync after the Emacs 23.2 release branch is made, but
> you are welcome to do it if you like.

I really don't like that smell.  We need to make sure the two code-bases
evolve in-sync, which won't work as long as we keep "gratuitous"
differences between the two (file names and things like that).

I thought Eric was to incorporate most/all of the changes we made into
his version.  If this doesn't take place real soon, it'll become much
too painful to maintain.

        Stefan