Re: AW: Fwd: CEDET sync

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: AW: Fwd: CEDET sync
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 18:58:28 +0100

> The question is not "did it work well in the past?"  The question is,
> "in the future, do we want to attract the unbelievers to freedom, or
> do we want to just sit around and congratulate ourselves on our own
> purity?"

Taking a look at the GNU/Linux user demographic, there is little enough
doubt that "attracting unbelievers to freedom" is happening in copious
amounts.  The vast majority enjoys its fruits but can't be bothered all
too much about its origins.  Creating cheapened versions for the sake of
temporarily catching their attention span does not seem like a
sustainable long-term bargain.

Watering down always needs some substance to start with.

--
David Kastrup