Re: Tramp Mode not working connecting to OpenSolaris

From: Randal L. Schwartz
Subject: Re: Tramp Mode not working connecting to OpenSolaris
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 08:53:31 -0800

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Albinus <address@hidden> writes:

Michael> Let's assume, the default shell in OpenSolaris is buggy. It's not the
Michael> first time, Tramp is confronted by this. Consequently, we shall use
Michael> another shell like bash, instead of applying several workarounds for
Michael> those bugs. The appended patch does exactly this. Note that I couldn't
Michael> test it with a remote OpenSolaris machine ...

Michael> Before you test this, you must call "M-x
tramp-cleanup-all-connections".
Michael> This flushes Tramp's caches, which is necessary.

I started a brand new emacs... I presume that's the same thing.

But no, different but still fatal failure:

  http://www.stonehenge.com/pic/TRAMP-DEBUG-LOG4

You should probably stop trying to call "biff" too.  Not there.

<address@hidden> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>