Re: emacs-21.1.94 crash in gnus on Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs-21.1.94 crash in gnus on Windows
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 06:33:11 -0400

> From: Andy Moreton <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 23:40:27 +0000
>
> I've built 21.1.94 pretest on WinXP SP3 with MinGW gcc, and I'm seeing
> a repeatable crash in gnus. Running emacs under gdb I managed to capture
> a crash, with the following results:

> 0x0102ef33 in pos_visible_p (w=0x2fa6e00, charpos=0x22fa, x=0x82eef8,
> y=0x82eef4, rtop=0x82ef08,
>     rbot=0x82ef04, rowh=0x82ef00, vpos=0x82eefc) at xdisp.c:1397
> 1397                             && (!BUFFERP (glyph->object)

Thank you for your report.

> Please let me know what other info/testing is needed to help fix this.

First, please file a bug report with this information.

Second, please type "bt full" and post the results.

Third, if this is an optimized build, please build Emacs without
optimizations, and when the crash happens again, please type "bt full"
and send the results.

Finally, could you tell what kind of text is at character position
(in this case, 0x22fa) with which pos_visible_p is called when it
crashes?  Are there any unusual text properties there, like invisible
text, ellipsis (which stands for hidden text), or something similar?

Thanks.