Re: emacs-21.1.94 crash in gnus on Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs-21.1.94 crash in gnus on Windows
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 15:47:47 -0400

> Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:53:51 +0000
> From: Andy Moreton <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
> > First, please file a bug report with this information.
>
> I've sent a bug report (from another machine after recreating the crash).

Didn't see it yet.  So I'm responding here, for the time being.

> emacs was configured on both machines with "--no-opt". I've added details of
> the crash in the bug report below.

> 0x01030355 in pos_visible_p (w=0x307c800, charpos=0x5ad, x=0x82f0c4,
> y=0x82f0c0, rtop=0x82f0d8,
>       rbot=0x82f0d4, rowh=0x82f0d0, vpos=0x82f0cc) at xdisp.c:1396
> 1396                      for (; glyph < end

Hmm, that's a strange place to get hit by SIGSEGV.  Can you try to see
what exactly caused the crash?  When in doubt, I usually disassemble
the vicinity of the address where it crashed (0x01030355 in this
case), find the instruction that crashed, and then compare the
disassembly to the source to find which source line the failed
instruction came from.  The GDB command "info line" might help in the
initial estimation of the source line to which the failed address
belongs.

Thanks.