Re: Put tool-bar on right

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Put tool-bar on right
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 11:35:33 +0100

Juri Linkov wrote:
I think the solution floated earlier can address this: those who want to
use the scroll bar as a visual aid should compile without GTK tool bars,
and we should place such tool bars on the left by default, where they
traditionally are in Motif and other old X apps.  GTK tool bars should
be placed on the right by default, like all other GTK apps.
I think you meant scroll bars.

Speaking of tool bars, do you know is it possible to place tool bars
and tab bars on the side (left or right)?  Currently I have to disable
the tool bar because vertical space is much more valuable for me than
horizontal space.  I'd like to enable tool bars if they were placed
on the left or on the right.

It is not done in Emacs, but it is possible to add such a possibility.

        Jan D.