Re: 23.1.94 ms windows build failure

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: Re: 23.1.94 ms windows build failure
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 21:46:49 -0400

Christoph <address@hidden> writes:

    Sean,

    The problem is that the tarball does not contain the necessary files,
    i.e. README.W32. You need to get these from bzr.

    The admin\nt directory to point to is actually the one checked out from bzr.

    For example: C:\emacs-bzr\trunk\admin\nt

    Since you have the makedist.bat I assume you have the bzr checkout
    somewhere.

Thank you for replying, Christoph.  Right, after unpacking the pretest
tarball, I copied admin/ to emacs-23.1.94.

    Try this:

    Extract the tarball to C:\, i.e. C:\emacs-23.1.94\

    Copy makedist.bat from \trunk\admin\nt to C:\

Done when I did the above, right?

    Then run:

    makedist 23.1.94 emacs-23.1.94 C:\emacs-bzr\trunk\admin\nt

Even thought I've copied admin/ to emacs-23.1.94?  Okay.  But it still
doesn't work.

    That should do it. You might just have to adjust the directory
    structure to point to your bzr checkout.

    I am actually working on an automated way of building and packaging
    the Windows version of emacs. nmake support is giving me some headache
    though, so it could be a little while longer until it is available.

Yes.  I've been following the little you and Jason having posted on
emacs-devel.  Keep me posted.

    Let me know if this works, I just did this a couple of days ago and
    can help troubleshoot.

But you also mentioned in another thread something about producing an
empty file, no?  What solved that?  Because running makedist produces
empty bin and barebin zips.