Re: hashcash removal from Gnus? does anyone use it?

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: hashcash removal from Gnus? does anyone use it?
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 12:19:50 -0400

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

> Does anyone actually use hashcash (on the receiver or sender side)?
>
> It seemed like a good idea years ago but hasn't taken off.  Maybe it
> shouldn't be so entwined with message.el and Gnus in general.  People
> can still set it up individually from gnus/contrib.

I include hashcash on outgoing mail, and have spamassassin give negative
points to incoming mail with hashcash tokens.

Are you asking if hashcash should not be generated by default, or if
support should be removed?  Making it non default seems reasonable, but
removing it seems unwarranted unless its presence is causing a
maintenance hassle.