Re: Concurrency

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Concurrency
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 13:37:51 -0600

GS> http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/emacs/other-branches/concurrency/

Ted> I'd like to look at it.  Is there a quick-start guide that explains the
Ted> changes and how to get started?

Nope.  However, there aren't really many new Emacs primitives.

On my branch I had run-in-thread (and a convenience wrapper macro,
with-new-thread), and yield.  Giuseppe's branch was slightly different,
and I think he added some mutex support as well; I still haven't looked
at these.

I can explain the bulk of the C changes if you want to understand those.

Tom