Re: MS-Windows build broken in Fmake_network_process

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: MS-Windows build broken in Fmake_network_process
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 19:29:16 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 09:51:56 +0900
>> From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <address@hidden>
>> Cc: Helmut Eller <address@hidden>,
>>      address@hidden
>>
>> Actually I was aware of the above part when I committed the change in
>> question.  But the code above was added in 2002, and I doubted whether
>> it is still the case for the systems that are supported by Emacs
>> 24.0.50.  So I didn't copy the above code for Fmake_network_process.
>
> I don't know which systems Kim Storm (who wrote that code; CC'ed) had
> in mind when he made it conditional on GNU/Linux.

I don't recall either, but I do remember that the conditioned code was said
to be unreliable on some systems, and the only system on which I could test
is was GNU/Linux, so I conditioned the code in the hope that someone would
eventually test the code on other platforms and lift the restriction (if
safe).

--
Kim F. Storm  http://www.cua.dk