Restore GDB/MI fuctionality removed by r99212

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Restore GDB/MI fuctionality removed by r99212
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 10:52:18 +1300

 > This change:
 >
 >     revno: 99756
 >     committer: Nick Roberts <address@hidden>
 >     branch nick: trunk
 >     timestamp: Sun 2010-03-28 02:27:43 +1300
 >     message:
 >       Restore GDB/MI fuctionality removed by r99212:
 >
 >       added:
 >      lisp/progmodes/gdb-mi.el
 >       removed:
 >      lisp/progmodes/gdb-ui.el
 >       modified:
 >      doc/emacs/building.texi
 >      doc/emacs/emacs.texi
 >      etc/NEWS
 >      lisp/Makefile.in
 >      lisp/progmodes/gud.el
 >
 > has no entries in the pertinent ChangeLog files.  I think it should
 > have them.

That's because you can get this changeset information from "bzr log -v".  which
includes the names of all files that have been committed (actually there is
one ChangeLog entry in the parent directory).  I think he ChangeLog file is a
throwback to CVS file based commits.  We seem to get all the headaches of Bzr
and none of the benefits.  It's probably been discussed before but ISTR at
that time RMS appeared to think that "bzr log" required a remote connection
when, in reality, it just retrieves information locally.  I don't want to
campaign for this, so if people still want ChangeLog files I will add the
entries.

 > Also, I think ldefs-boot.el should be updated as well, as it now has
 > references to gdb-ui.el that is no longer in the tree.

OK thanks, I didn't realise that.  I've updated this file now (this one
doesn't appear to get a ChangeLog entry.

--
Nick                                           http://users.snap.net.nz/~nickrob