Re: highlighting non-ASCII characters

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: highlighting non-ASCII characters
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 16:19:07 -0400

> Yes, probably.  But that's accidental.  I still think the character
> classes [:idn:] (revised name from before) and [:confusable:] (or
> [:homoglyph:]) would make sense as a first step, then we can decide how
> to highlight them.

The homoglyph data would be a useful starting point for the feature
I imagine, indeed.  But from the message that started this thread, "K"
is a homoglyph, yet highlighting it everywhere doesn't sound like a good
idea, so basically we need to associate with each homoglyph char
a context where it is expected and only highlight it when it appears in
a different context (or maybe rather when it appears in the context of
its peer).

        Stefan