Re: 23.1.92; `x-show-tip' and `tooltip-frame-parameters' do not respect

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: 23.1.92; `x-show-tip' and `tooltip-frame-parameters' do not respect `left' and `top'
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 16:18:28 +0300

> Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 15:03:28 -0700
> From: Christoph <address@hidden>
>
> Also, the tooltip is only visible when the mouse is NOT
> within the Emacs window but somewhere else on the desktop.

That's not accurate: the tooltip actually appears, but is immediately
removed.  My guess is that this happens because the redisplay that
immediately follows the tooltip's popup removes the tooltip.

If the mouse pointer is on some part of the Emacs frame that isn't
redrawn by the redisplay, or outside the Emacs frame, the tooltip
stays.