Re: make dist target for Windows

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: make dist target for Windows
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 08:13:08 +0200

Jason Rumney skrev:
On 01/04/2010 07:43, Christoph wrote:
Can we provide debug symbols as additional download? Or do you have to have it compiled with debug support?

I'm not sure that gcc supports having debug symbols in a separate file, but if it does, it would be a good option to investigate, provided it does not have the same problems that stripping emacs.exe has. The other problem that may arise with this is that the debug symbols for temacs.exe may not be valid for the dumped emacs.exe.

http://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb/Separate-Debug-Files.html#Separate-Debug-Files

        Jan D.