Re: What have the Romans done for us? (Bazaar)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: What have the Romans done for us? (Bazaar)
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 19:40:18 +0300

> From: Karl Fogel <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 11:32:56 -0400
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> > Even updating one's repository takes many
> >minutes, something which took only a few seconds with CVS.
>
> Yes.  But remember: https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107077
> (which is actively being worked on).

Thanks.  Any ETA?  It's really annoying to wait 2-3 minutes each time
I do a simple "bzr up", and similarly for "bzr ci" to the public
repository.

> >Worst of all is the lack of a proper fine manual; what there is is
> >available only in html or "bzr help", neither of which is properly
> >searchable; what there is is also bloated and vague and generally of
> >low quality.
>
> ?  http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/en/ points to plenty of downloadable
> documentation, in HTML, CHM, and PDF formats.

Well, yes, but the quality of the Bazaar docs leaves a lot to be
desired.  E.g., I just learned (through a question posted to the
Bazaar list) that to fully revert a tree to a certain old revision,
one needs to do a "bzr update -rNNN" rather than "bzr revert -rNNN".
There's nothing about this important fact in the Bazaar User Reference
Guide.