Re: Using Git to manage your Emacs changes

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Using Git to manage your Emacs changes
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 15:32:04 -0400

On Apr 7, 2010, at 3:23 PM, John Wiegley wrote:

> If anyone here is like me and can't stand Bzr's interface/lack-of-speed due
> to comfort with Git, there is a *somewhat* more palatable solution:
>
> 1. Install git-bzr (http://github.com/pieter/git-bzr).

What about the reliable, simple, wonderful git mirror at
http://repo.or.cz/w/emacs.git ?

The last commit to git-bzr says "Add a note saying I'm really not interested in
this anymore ".   ;-)

One could use something like your script to transplant (push) changes to a
separate, clean bzr checkout.  The downside I see is that changes will, in very
rare circumstances, fail if the git mirror is out of date.