Re: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch.

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch.
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 20:32:05 +0200

Stefan Monnier skrev:
Mode specific actions to tabs?
I do get a certain impression that people who propose
non-switch-pane-of-content uses for tabs are really looking for just more
toolbars - rows of buttons.

Indeed.  The current tool-bar has some serious limitations for tabs:
- the appearance isn't right.
- no text.

This is just a case of "nobody needed that yet".  It isn't hard to add.

- can't have two "tool bars".

Ditto for this. However, a tool bar per window might be hard if we are talking native tool bars.

        Jan D.