Re: Guile in Emacs

From: Jeff Clough
Subject: Re: Guile in Emacs
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 10:25:49 -0400

<address@hidden> writes:

> Jeff> I am stating that the four manuals + describe-function, et al, are
> Jeff> a great arrangment
>
> I fail to see why 5 manuals are significantly worse than 4 manuals as
> long as there is a clear separation between them.

At this point I'm just going to assume that I'm either being
unreasonable and not knowing it or that I'm not able to properly explain
my reasoning concerning this.

I believe that Emacs works perfectly with the four manuals it has
today.  I fail to see how a fifth manual would improve it.  That a fifth
manual would not make things "significantly worse" isn't a glowing
endorsement.

Regardless, I think I've explained myself here as best as I am able to.
When/if the change is made, I'm sure I'll be able to see for myself how
much of an effect it has and I may even be pleasantly surprised.

Jeff