Re: telepathy (was: FFI)

From: Jan Moringen
Subject: Re: telepathy (was: FFI)
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 04:28:36 +0200

Hi.

On Mon, 2010-04-19 at 09:44 +0200, Michael Albinus wrote:
> Zajcev Evgeny <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > We are also working on some complex, but interesting bindings to
> > libtelepathy in order to create tool for multiprotocol IM and
> > collaborative editing in SXEmacs.  This is pretty time consuming task
> > and we surely need a help, if GNU Emacs community will have same FFI
> > API then we could unite our efforts to enhance Emacsen..
>
> Some months ago I've started with telepathy.el, using Telepathy's D-Bus
> API. This work is currently stalled due to lack of time :-(
>
> Wouldn't it be an approach to join our efforts?

I was also working on a D-Bus-based telepathy (or mission-control, to be
precise) library as a backend for Rudel [1]. My focus was on enumeration
of contacts and creation of telepathy tubes. I wrote transparent proxy
objects for D-Bus objects using EIEIO in the process. I can commit the
code to the Rudel repository, if you are interested.

Kind regards,
Jan

[1] http://rudel.sourceforge.net/