Re: Tramp brocken selinux support: can't safe file.

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Tramp brocken selinux support: can't safe file.
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 13:32:06 +0200

Sascha Wilde <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,

> in the current trunk I can't safe remote files in tramp.  It errors out
> with a miss matching number of arguments for a copy-file operation.  The
> following quick and dirty hot fix makes it work for me again, but I'm
> 110% positive that it is incomplete and most likely totally wrong:

I've seen it also, and I have committed a similar patch an hour
ago. Unfortunately, the change in `copy-file' was done silently (at
least I haven't seen an announcement emacs-devel).

The corresponding handlers in Tramp I will implement later on. However,
I believe, that the changed parameter list of `copy-file' as well as the
new primitives `file-selinux-context' and `set-file-selinux-context'
shall be documented in doc/lispref. Who will care?

Other file name handlers might be affected as well.

> cheers
> sascha

Best regards, Michael.