Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r100117: Run kill-emacs when exit

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r100117: Run kill-emacs when exiting for display closed or SIGTERM/HUP.
Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 15:24:34 -0400

>   Run kill-emacs when exiting for display closed or SIGTERM/HUP.
>   * xsmfns.c (CHDIR_OPT): New define.
>   (smc_save_yourself_CB): Add CHDIR_OPT to options to use when
>   restarting emacs.

Not sure what's the relationship between the kill-emacs part and the
chdir part.  But I'm really wondering what this chdir thingy is
good for.  I mean: the current directory of Emacs is something rather
vague: Emacs has as many current directories as it has buffers, do does
it just refer to the default-directory of *scratch* and *Messages*?
If so, why/when is that so important as to justify a startup option?

        Stefan