Re: Desktop bubble notifications [Was: Re: Add function to make frame to

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Desktop bubble notifications [Was: Re: Add function to make frame topmost?]
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 21:58:43 +0200

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 9:46 PM, Stephen Eilert <address@hidden> wrote:
> I can't see it mentioned anywhere, so forgive-me if it was discussed already.
>
> I have been using for quite some time todochiku.el, which provides
> notification for Windows, Linux (via notify-send) and OSX (using
> Growl).
>
> --Stephen

Hi Stephen, thanks and yes we have seen it. The /wait switch for
growlnotify that I have suggested at the Growl discussion group is
meant for such a solution.

See here for the suggestion:

http://groups.google.com/group/growldiscuss/browse_thread/thread/486fc7fe089f9ed8/87504a7a822e14a9?show_docid=87504a7a822e14a9