Re: PATCH: Fix IDO interaction with uniquify.el

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: PATCH: Fix IDO interaction with uniquify.el
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 16:27:21 -0400

>> * One of those annoyances was changing the "next" item on the list of
>>  buffers once you kill the first one, something that I find
>>  confusing. Right now ido may change the order of the buffers after a
>>  kill, but the previous second item appears as the first item on the
>>  new list.

I don't understand.  So you're saying there's a problem (killing may
change the order) but the current code has a fix for it (at least for
the "first" element of the remaining list).  Right?

> Could you try this function to see if it does what you want? Also let
> me know what is missing. I will try fix it today. Thanks.

What is it trying to fix?  And how?

>     (let ((enable-recursive-minibuffers t)

Why?  There doesn't seem to be any call to a recursive minibuffer
in sight.

        Stefan