RE: Making 23.2 release soon

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Making 23.2 release soon
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 14:43:08 -0700

> Since no additional regressions with respect to 23.1 have turned up
> since the last pretest, I'll be making the Emacs 23.2 release sometime
> in the next few hours.  Please refrain from making changes to the
> emacs-23 branch until the release.  If you have any last
> minute issues, please send me an email ASAP.

In the next few hours?

An Emacs binary was made available only two days ago (5/5). The source code for
rolling your own pretest was made available only four days ago (5/3).

Some potential pretesters have likely not even seen the announcement of that
pretest yet, let alone had a chance to download it and start using it to see
whether in fact "no additional regressions with respect to 23.1 have turned up
since the last pretest".