Re: development plans for cedet / semantic / nxhtml

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: development plans for cedet / semantic / nxhtml
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 14:20:04 -0400

Jack Tanner <address@hidden> writes:

> Upstream CEDET apparently has some support for PHP. I'm looking here:
>
> http://cedet.sourceforge.net/languagesupport.shtml
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.cedet/4389
>
> The Emacs 23.2 branch doesn't. Is that coming some day? If not, I
> should try to use upstream CEDET.

The author of the PHP parser in the contrib/ directory of the upstream
CEDET distribution is unwilling to sign a copyright assignment for it.

If someone would like to write a new parser and is willing to sign
papers, we could check it in.  Like the contrib/ parser, this new effort
can use the on the Java parser (which does have an assignment) as a
starting point.