Concerning the new `ido-use-virtual-buffers' feature

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Concerning the new `ido-use-virtual-buffers' feature
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 12:14:07 +0200

Hi John,

first thanks a lot for the ido virtual buffers feature.  For years I've
regularly switched between iswitchb and ido, because the former had this
virtual buffers feature while the latter had more pleasing key bindings,
also works for file completion, and some other modes use it.

So now, I do have everything I want, except that there is one little
inconvenience when comparing iswitchb and ido virtual buffers: The
former adds virtual buffers to the possible completions only if no
currently open buffer matches the input, whereas ido adds virtual
buffers to the completions directly.

IMHO, here the iswitchb behavior is a bit more convenient.  Currently, I
frequently find a virtual buffer file instead of switching to some
already open buffer.  For example, I want to switch to the buffer
"foo.tex", type `C-x b foo RET' and instead find myself in a doc-view
buffer opening "foo.pdf"...

So is the current behavior intended?  Should I write a bug report
(feature request)?

Bye,
Tassilo