Re: Visual line mode in email citation

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Visual line mode in email citation
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 18:58:41 +0200

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 6:26 PM, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:
> can use to make this wrapping do the right thing.
>
> IOW, some Elisp code somewhere needs to add a `wrap-prefix' to each line
> specifying the citation/indentation/fill prefix to use.  This should
> most likely be done by a function passed to jit-lock-register and which
> then uses something like fill-context-prefix.

Why pass it to jit-lock-register? Isn't it better to add it to font
lock keywords. Then the frame work for handling changes in jit-lock is
used, otherwise I can't see how it can be used, but I might be missing
something.

This approach is what I am using in visual-indent-mode, which I just
extracted to live on its own outside of wrap-to-fill-column-mode. This
is available in nXhtm repository in wrap-to-fill.el. (The code needs
some restructuring to extract something similar to
fill-context-prefix, which I do not think can be used as it is.)