Re: CEDET sync

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: CEDET sync
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 16:53:25 -0400

> Problem is, I didn't see a clear and hassle-free path to do
> cross-project merging in the long term (I didn't ask the GNUS people
> about their strategy).

I don't know of any good answer either.

Maybe the best option is to make the upstream repository "track" the
Emacs repository; any change made in Emacs can be trivially merged back
into upstream.

Then every once in a while, someone syncs up the upstream with the Emacs
code (mainly overwriting the Emacs code with the upstream code, but
being careful to avoid race conditions where someone commits to the
Emacs repository between the last merge and the actual overwrite).

        Stefan