Re: visual-line-mode and line wrapping

From: Uday S Reddy
Subject: Re: visual-line-mode and line wrapping
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 10:21:15 +0100

On 5/25/2010 9:36 AM, Uday S Reddy wrote:

Hi Stefan, My use for it would be that, occasionally, I want to enlarge
the Emacs window for some purpose or the other. (For instance, to see
more of email summary lines. Or, even the mode line. Do you use
which-func-mode?)

Wanting to view a PDF document or some such wide object seems to be another
legitimate reason to widen an Emacs frame.

Cheers,
Uday

When you do that, it would be nice if the wrapped lines don't become
ridiculously wide at the same time.

It seems just natural. Just like we have a `fill-column' for filled
text, we have a `wrap-column' for wrapped text.

My two cents.

Cheers,
Uday