Re: Frame ordering

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Frame ordering
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 13:14:14 -0400

On Jun 14, 2010, at 12:47 PM, Lennart Borgman wrote:

> Was not what you shown (Command-Tab switching) what the window handler
> on OS X does? If so then trying to interfere with that is probably a
> bad idea (and is prevented actively by at least w32).

To clarify: I spoke about application switching, not switching between the
windows of a single application (A-` and A-~).
OSX and Windows follow different philosophies there.

I fully agree that one should let the window manager do it, but we want to make
sure that this interacts nicely with programmatically raised frames and such.
I think this should be no problem.

If all of these things work great in GNU/Linux with whatever window manager,
and on Windows, then there is no need to modify the order of frames in
Vframe_list.