Re: The unwarranted scrolling assumption

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: The unwarranted scrolling assumption
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 01:59:50 +0200

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 1:46 AM, Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 01:24, Sean Sieger <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> This seems to work well, Lennart:
>>
>> (setq scroll-preserve-screen-position 'always
>>      scroll-conservatively           most-positive-fixnum
>>      scroll-step                     0)
>
> That is exactly what I do.

Oh, I did not read your answer before I tested this. As I said in the
answer to Sean this does not work for me. I still get "jumping
scrolling".

All I do to check this is open window.c and then hit/hold down the
down arrow key (or "j" in viper).

Does this work without "jumping scrolling" for you? (You have to test
for a while, the jumping does not happen always. I is a bit like
playing a computer game.)