Re: Efforts to attract more users?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Efforts to attract more users?
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 02:03:18 +0200

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 15:09, Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> wrote:

> The reordering is done exactly to make emacsclient.c start Emacs when needed.

It's hard to believe that moving functions around is *exactly* what's
needed to add functionality.

> So I do not understand what you ask for.

1.- Move original emacsclient functions back to where they were.
2.- Do a diff, which should result in a list of the *real differences*
between your emacsclient and the trunk's, instead of being a full file
diff like it is now because of your reordering.
3.- Send the patch *and* a good ChangeLog, or some kind of explanation
of the changes and what they do (and how they work, if it is not
evident).
4.- Wait for comments.
5.- *Act* on those comments.
6.- Repeat  3-5 until everybody is (more or less) satisfied with the result.
7. Commit your changes or ask for them to be committed.

Isn't that difficult, really. All you need is the intention of doing
the work, instead of dumping your emacsclient and asking others to do
it for you...

    Juanma