Re: What is emacs architecture ?

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: What is emacs architecture ?
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 16:43:29 +0200

Fren Zeee <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Karl Fogel <address@hidden> wrote:
>> And for getting the latest sources, see
>>
>>  http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BzrForEmacsDevs
>>

> The site uses Bazaar which is similar to CVS, but I have forgotten
> CVS. I just want to know some starter CVS commands so that I can
> quickly checkout source at any stage of freeze in the past.
>
> Can you please give this newbie, a bunch of one liner CVS/Bzr commands
> and state/explain what they do ?

For getting the sources, the only thing you need is:

1. Install a recent version of bzr. Anything from version 2.0 is ok. If
you are using a recent GNU/Linux distribution it is very likely that you
can install it as any other application. If you are using Windows or an
old GNU/Linux distribution download bzr from:

http://bazaar.canonical.com

2. Once bzr is installed, execute this command from the command line:

bzr clone http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/emacs/trunk/ emacs

Now, you have Emacs' sources on the "emacs" subdirectory.

[snip]