Re: Package.el merged

From: Phil Hagelberg
Subject: Re: Package.el merged
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 12:36:07 -0700

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 9:20 PM, Phil Hagelberg <address@hidden> wrote:
> I think I may have miscommunicated at some point; it looks like the
> version in Emacs right now is based on the one at tromey.com rather
> than my version from git that has had several bugfixes applied to it.
> I can try to replay the bugfixes in my branch on top of the version in
> Emacs, but it will probably be easier to apply your changes on top of
> mine. Am I correct in assuming that most of the changes were around
> adding the package-hold-alist variable?
>
> I will try to perform the merge and submit a patch that brings it up to date.

I've attached a set of patches that add my multi-source feature (plus
a couple other bug fixes) in. I've used the ChangeLog format for
commit messages; I'm not sure of the preferred style for patch
submission. I've tested it with a few sample repositories; anyone
interested in running it through the paces can try it for themselves
with this code:

http://p.hagelb.org/package-test.el.html

-Phil