Re: CMake build anyone?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: CMake build anyone?
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 22:19:26 +0200

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 19:12, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> MinGW is not just for Emacs; I find it highly unlikely that someone
> who uses Emacs does not already has some development environment on
> her machine.

I only have MinGW because of Emacs. I don not use it for anything
else. I do have a development environment on my system, but certainly
it is not C/C++ oriented. Ada anyone?

> Btw, we may need to require another non-standard (and not so small
> package) in the near future: Perl, since makeinfo was reimplemented as
> a Perl script, and that's what we will see in the next release of
> Texinfo.

Funny. I consider much more onerous to force someone to install Perl*
just to make info files, than CMake to have a modern, sane build
system.

(* This is not a pet peeve, BTW; Perl is one of the first things I
install in every computer I use.)

    Juanma