Re: rename and clean unexec.c

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: rename and clean unexec.c
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 17:18:02 -0400

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden>
>> Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 14:19:21 -0400
>> Cc: address@hidden
>>
>> I've worked very hard at removing decades of accumulated cruft, please
>> don't stand in the way for no good reason.
>
> With all due respect, this is not your private war, and you aren't the

Please don't aggravate a simple discussion by adding words like "war".

> only one whose opinions matter.  And unexec.c isn't cruft.

The name of that file is currently almost the only remaining cruft.
Please look at the history of the file and see how much cruft was
removed from there in the last 2 years.

I am not sure why are so opposed to this.

Let me repeat the arguments.
We have a generic function "unexec", most programmers would look for
the normal implementation in unexec.c, but that's the wrong place for
everyone, except you.

We have these files:
unexaix.c
unexcw.c
unexec.c
unexelf.c
unexhp9k800.c
unexmacosx.c
unexsol.c
unexw32.c

for all the name obviously tells what they are used for, except for unexec.c

So this is mostly about what is most useful for the vast majority of people.