Re: Tooltip and WARNING

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Tooltip and WARNING
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 21:17:03 +0300

> Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 14:51:57 +0200
> From: Jan Djärv <address@hidden>
> Cc: Emacs <address@hidden>
>
> 2010-08-02 14:10, Angelo Graziosi skrev:
> > Il 02/08/2010 13.50, Jan Djärv ha scritto:
> >> What is your Gtk+ version?
> >
> > GNU/Linux Kubuntu 8.04, GTK+ 2.12.9
> >
> >> Please use report-emacs-bug, that way this
> >> information comes included.
> >
> > Having the Internet connection on is enough? or Emacs needs to be
> > configured in special mode? I usually do not use Emacs for mails :(
>
> Emacs wants sendmail to be configured, it should be smarter there and use
> SMTP
> directly.

We already have smtpmail.el which does that.  But the problem is that
it needs to be configured with the SMTP server at least, and nowadays
also with appropriate login credentials, so it cannot be used out of
the box in an un-configured Emacs.

Perhaps we should extend smtpmail to interactively ask for all these
configuration parameters, if it detects that it's not customized.