Re: Should `server-force-delete' also stop the server process?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Should `server-force-delete' also stop the server process?
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 19:11:26 +0200

> When running the server through tcp and run server-force-delete, only
> the server-file is deleted, the network process continue to listen on
> a tcp port. I wonder if this is the intended behaviour.

The docstring says:

  server-force-delete is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `server.el'.

  (server-force-delete &optional NAME)

  Unconditionally delete connection file for server NAME.
  If server is running, it is first stopped.
  NAME defaults to `server-name'.  With argument, ask for NAME.

so it should stop the process. Do you have a recipe where it doesn't?
(If so, please file a bug report.)

    Juanma