Re: Key bindings proposal

From: grischka
Subject: Re: Key bindings proposal
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 22:24:43 +0200

Uday S Reddy wrote:
See this page for example

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space-cadet_keyboard

And in how is that relevant to future key binding design?

You haven't stated any reason why you want to leave the Windows key
alone.  And, in particular, why you want everybody else to leave their
windows key alone?

All I want is emacs to leave my windows key alone.  But I'd also want
proper menu accelerators via Alt+Letter.  You see?

Alt is being used by Emacs as meta.  (Not necessary, but pretty much
forced because Emacs doesn't provide any workable alternative.)  So
there is no way to "get rid of Alt-letter bindings".

Why not?  Surely it is possible.

I am not sure you understand what this discussion is about.

About how to make scrambled eggs without breaking them?

--- grischka

Uday