Re: Merge imagemagick to trunk?

From: joakim
Subject: Re: Merge imagemagick to trunk?
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 15:16:44 +0200

Leo <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2010-08-18 12:26 +0100, address@hidden wrote:
>> Can I merge the ImageMagick branch to trunk now?
>
> Does it support image editing for example converting to other formats? I
> read the NEWS entry and it only says displaying more formats.

Imagemagick is only used as a library to load and display new image
formats, and provide a couple of simple display transforms, such as
scaling and rotation.

Image editing is not within the scope of the patch.

As a side-note I have begun some code integrating Inkscape and Emacs,
which I think is a potentialy rather good match, but that aproach is
orthogonal to the imagemagick branch.

--
Joakim Verona