Re: `about-emacs' - what about the revno?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: `about-emacs' - what about the revno?
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 15:01:32 +0200

>> PS: As mentioned earlier, it requires internet access.
> I thought bzr is a dVCS?

Yes, but we want to relate someone's code to the one in our repository.
Admittedly, with Arch we could rely on the globally unique branch names
to use the user's local mirror, but with Bzr, there's no such thing.
I'm not sure how we'd do it with Git, actually (we could presume the
user follows some kind of convention w.r.t naming of his copy of the
trunk, I guess).

        Stefan