Re: Problems with xml-parse-string

From: Leo
Subject: Re: Problems with xml-parse-string
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 12:00:51 +0100

On 2010-09-22 11:35 +0100, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Anyway, I was going to rework the functions to be `html-parse-buffer'
> again, since in 99% of cases you have the html in a buffer, and
> putting it in a string just to call that function is odd.

+2 for the -buffer variants. Maybe -region is better (more flexible).

I think we can leave xml.el alone for now except maybe renaming its
internal function xml-parse-string (which does no parsing). And there is
xmltok another parser that does validating.

It'd be extremely useful for emacs to have a set of solid and stable xml
API.

Leo