Re: Reading D-Bus messages

From: Ken Brown
Subject: Re: Reading D-Bus messages
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 16:49:32 -0400

On 9/23/2010 10:46 AM, Michael Albinus wrote:
Ken Brown<address@hidden>  writes:

I was wrong about SIGIO being defined in Cygwin.  (I was careless in
my grepping and didn't look closely enough at the header files.)  And
an answer just appeared on the Cygwin list, saying that SIGIO is
undefined because the functionality is not implemented.

So now the question is just finding the best way to deal with this.
Do you understand why gobble_input is called only if SIGIO is defined?

Don't know. ChangeLog.1 says:

1986-01-23  Richard M. Stallman  (address@hidden)

             * dispnew.c (Fsit_for):
             Call gobble_input only if SIGIO exists.

1985-11-01  Richard M. Stallman  (address@hidden)

             * keyboard.c (gobble_input, input_available_signal,
               kbd_buffer_store_char):
               Make these functions exist only if SIGIO is defined.

1985-10-16  Richard M. Stallman  (address@hidden)

             * keyboard.c:
             Get error instead of croaking if want to send SIGTSTP.
             Get compile time error in gobble_input if SIGIO is not
             defined.

Well, I'll just try it for a while and see if I notice any problems as a result of using gobble_input without SIGIO. If not, I'll upload a new Cygwin test release and see what happens.

Thank you very much for all the time and effort you put into this.

Best regards,

Ken